All parents are automatically members of the PTA and are welcomed at any meetings and generally become involved in the life of the school. The social aspect of belonging to the school community is the most important part. The PTA arranges various functions during the year including discos, fairs, sponsored events and other fund raising activities. The funds raised are used to enhance school life for all children including the purchase of new playground equipment and contributions to Christmas festivities. If you can, do come and join in!
PTA meetings are normally held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Look out for the newsletters to remind you. An overview of all that we achieved this year can be found by clicking here
Contact with Parents
We keep in touch with parents about their child’s progress and about school events by:
- A weekly newsletter
- Year group letters regarding curriculum and educational visits
- Meet the teacher meetings early in each academic year
- Termly drop-in sessions
- Termly parent consultation evenings
- Invitations to concerts and other special events
- Reading diary and homework books
- Annual written reports
- Teachers and Headteacher are in the playground at the beginning of the day
- Parents are welcome to come in at the end of the day to see the teacher or Headteacher
We believe that it is vital for communication to be good between home and school. If you have any concerns at all regarding your child’s education or welfare, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Check out their Facebook page: Kingsleigh Primary School PTA